Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Door (poem#2)

The door in my room is dark brown
it has hinges and a door knob
when I open the door it's screeching sound
it's hard to open; it's like an eight hour job

The door is big and taller than me
it opens and it closes
it doesn't have a peep hole so I can see
I drew a picture on it of some Roses

When you open my door you have to knock first
when I answer I say go away or come in
out of all the doors in my house mine sounds worst
dark brown, light brown, or plain brown it's all blended in

When I get angry my door may slam!
when my door open fast my pictures might bend
when it closes hard the door sounds like a loud wham!
if it opens or closes by itself then it's probably the wind

I talked to my door it says it will open soon
when I slam my door it gets mad as can be
it shines like a light when it sees the moon
also as mad as a boy when he's fallen out of a tree

1 comment:

G. Latman said...

Good use of personification and onomatopoeia, as well as maintaining the abab cdcd rhyme scheme.